Saturday, October 16, 2010

October update

Student teaching has been great fun. I have been lucky enough to be in with an excellent master teacher in a 6th grade English/History core at the local middle school. There is one week left to go with her, and then I get a new assignment. Don't know what that is yet, but I should find out soon! As far as my actual schooling is concerned, there is only one more class session to attend. I still have two of the four "tasks" to complete, but the hard part of those has been done. These "tasks" are basically write ups of a series of practical situations one would encounter in a classroom. They are the result of California trying to raise the bar as far as teacher credentialing is concerned, but most people think they are simply irritating busy work. I count myself among their number. Still, if all goes according to plan, I should be completely done by Christmas.

On the fun side of things, we just got back from visiting uncle Trevor in Hawai'i. Always a pleasant experience.

No comments: