Saturday, January 27, 2007

Audition time!

Today we had our auditions for the volunteer chorus for the Carmel Bach Festival. My wife and I like to take the first slots, but amazingly, a friend of ours managed to grab the first one moments before I got through to schedule the appointments. Still, positions two and three aren't bad.

We met the new chorus master, Andrew Megill from Westmister Choir College in Princeton, NJ. I had worked in the kitchen at Quad Club with some of the students from WCC when I was in college, so had some familiarity with the institution beyond mere reputation.

He is quite a personable fellow, and we had a nice time talking with him. The auditions themselves were pretty difficult - considerably more so than the equivalent ones last year. Still, we got through them OK and have the rest of the weekend free from the stress of preparation.

No comments: