Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

And it really was! My wife brought me coffee and chocolate while singing "Happy Birthday" first thing in the morning. We had steak and eggs for breakfast at Holly's Lighthouse Cafe, and I even indulged in hash browns. My eldest daughter called me on my cell while we were there to wish me a happy birthday, and we had a nice chat.

After getting home, our contractor showed up with the new doors we've been waiting for. They are gorgeous, and we are so glad they are finally here.

I worked through a first draft of a Kyrie based on the Passamezzo Antico ground, and then had lunch with the husband of my church's choir director. He works in the same area of law I was in - Workers' Compensation - and we have a lot in common. It was thoroughly delightful.

Elaine and I went to Macy's in the afternoon to participate in a fund raiser for the Camerata Singers, and we had two couples over for dinner: Pauline and Anthony and Marcia and Mark. I made my infamous lasagne, accompanied by heirloom tomato carpaccio and marinated zucchini a la Colle del Capitano, the recipe of which the mistress of that establishment was gracious enough to share with me. Good friends, good food, good wine, good conversation. We had a wonderful evening, and we capped it off with a shot of Belarusian Vodka that was the gift from my cousin Sasha.

Now it is time for bed, and I am confident I will sleep well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, Jeff. For my birthday, I got a kick in the pants and a six pack. (just joshing). Sure sounds like you wrangle a good party. enough to make a trumpet player well up *snif*. Keep the carpaccio, though. Many, many happy returns of the day, and happiness and contentment to you and yours.
2nd chair to you , always...
Pat

Jeff D said...

Thanks Pat! Very kind words, indeed.