Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chambersburg x 2

That evening we had dinner at the Roman Hall in Trenton. That was probably the last time, as I've been told that it is for sale and almost certainly will not continue to be an Italian restaurant. It is very sad - most of the Italian population has moved out of Chambersburg, which was the Italian neighborhood of Trenton.

The meal was wonderful as always, even if the place was mostly empty.

Saturday morning my wife and I made our way to Hopewell to have breakfast with my cousin Ron and his wife MaryEllen. They are wonderful folks, and they brought us up to date on all the local happenings. We were there a good two hours.

Leaving my wife back at the homestead to rest and get a break from too many relatives, John and I met up with Judy, the granddaughter of the sister of my great-uncle John's wife. (That confusing enough for you?) I have just recently encountered Judy on the internet, and we have exchanged bits of genealogical information. It was nice to meet her in real life.

We took it easy for the rest of the afternoon, and I spent most of the time talking with John. For dinner, the four of us drove back down to Chambersburg for a couple of real tomato pies at DeLorenzo's on Hudson. The pizzas were wonderful - just can't get anything like it in California.

No comments: