Thursday, May 31, 2007

New Jersey, here we come!

Just got back from our whirlwind expedition to New Jersey for the 100th anniversary of the Monteleone Society. I was the featured speaker and presented a slideshow on DVD of my photos from the trip to Monteleone last year. I even made the Trenton Times! The author of the story was seated next to me. Nice young woman with some sort of atrophying condition that confines her to an electric wheelchair.

After taking the redeye from San Jose to Newark, we took our traditional route south along I-78, I-287 and SR-202 to Flemington, where we had our first pork roll and egg sandwich of the trip at the Shaker Cafe in Flemington. Then on down route 31 to Pennington, where we stayed with our friends John and Cary. After chatting the morning away, we drove up the Delaware River to Stockton, and had a most delightful lunch at Colligan's in the historic Stockton Inn. For those of you who remember the songs of Rodgers and Hart, that is the "small hotel with a wishing well."

No comments: